Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Dear Isabel...

Dear Isabel,

     Today you're six months old. How exciting it is that you're half way through your first year of life. What a joy it's been to have you part of our family! I couldn't have asked for a better daughter.Beautiful beyond anything I have ever seen! Sweet as a button, you melt me with that smile of yours. Your eyes stare straight to my soul.
     Daddy and I prayed so hard for you. We wanted a daughter so bad! And what grace and a blessing God gave us. At the very moment thinking about you I still have chills and excitement in my heart because we get to share life together. I hope for the rest of your life we can share many, many more moments of fun and sweet times together. It has been especially wonderful because I get to be a full time mommy and nurse you. What a special bond it has been. Something that I have longed for my whole life. I hope that we can have a bond like I have with my mom (Gigi) as well.
    
Fun things you have done in life so far:
Took you trick or treating with Ethan, Will and Aubrey, ten days after you were born! You slept the whole time; Had thanksgiving with Cheif and Gigi (My parents), Great Memaw and Ann, you cried the whole time; We drove you to Iowa in a blizzard to see Mammo and Daddo (Dusty's Parents) for their Christmas 'Come and Go', you were a trooper!; Had your first Christmas with all of your family at Cheif and Gigi's - Aunt Jenn and Brandon, Uncle Jason, Aunt Kalie, Jacob and Ali, Cheif and Gigi. We dressed you in the cutest red dress for the Christmas Eve service and you and Ali had matching PJ's to wear to sleep -- So cute!!; Spent Easter with Cheif and Gigi and Gigi bought you the prettiest Easter dress ever!!I cart you around wherever Ethan and I go. You are always willing to go with us, but you hate that car seat! It's so cute, you look over that car seat at me just to make sure I'm still there!

My prayer for you dear sweet Miss Isabel
Dear Lord I give this precious baby to you. Lord protect her while you have her on earth at this time with us. I pray you give us words of wisdom and understanding as we teach, discipline and prepare her in your ways for the rest of her life. Let our words be slow to anger as you do with us. Give us patience and guidance as we cannot raise her without Your Help. Let us surround her with a village of believers to help us train her in Your Word so she can be grounded in Your Way and prepared for the world when she is not with us. 
Lord, one thing I ask most is that she accepts the free gift of your loving Son so she may be with You in Glory and may live a life of blessing, peace, freedom and rest. Thank you for your grace even when we stubble. I give You all the glory and praise. Please lead us in leading Isabel. Thank you again for Miss Isabel Mae. I pray she lives up to her name. Consecrated to God!

2 comments: